I Bet Somebody Cares

All sorts of small tidbits about Student Ministry, Life, and Pizza Hut.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Youth Ministry Volunteers

Just had a great meeting with my Youth Ministry Volunteer Staff. THese are a bunch of wonderful people! We haven't met for a few months due to bad scheduling and my lack of administrative skills, but this was a great reunion!

I learned a bunch of stuff, but one highlight is this: Volunteers WANT to help! Sometimes I feel like I am asking too much if I ask them to be there early, stay late, clean something up or spend extra time at home prepping something becasue I realize this is not their full time job...BUT they signed up to HELP when they signed up to volunteer. They just need to be asked most of the time!

Sounds like an easy learning, but I guess I have just gotten used to apathetic people who do a job, not becasue they like it, but becasue they feel they need to do it...

I need to keep learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home