I Bet Somebody Cares

All sorts of small tidbits about Student Ministry, Life, and Pizza Hut.

Friday, April 25, 2008

MediaShout or ProPresenter

First, if you don't know what those two things are, stop reading and go play atari or something...They are church presentation software packages.

My MediaShout Journey
So for about 5 years (wow!) we have been using MS. We started with 2.0, then 2.5, then bought the v3 upgrade, now run 3.5.5. Lots of upgrades over the years, and we have developed a few volunteers who run the program Sunday mornings. These volunteers are not MS experts, although they know and are comfortable with the program. HOWEVER, there have been many times that I wished MS would perform better, run .mov files, and simply be more reliable.

Then things changed...
About 6 moths ago, with the intentions of church growth, quality development, and becoming a portable church, we upgraded our 1.8 Ghz tower PC to a 2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro. 

Our setup now
So currently we run MediaShout using bootcamp on the mac and running winXP.  Things are fine, but I want to take the leap to propresenter and just use the Mac. However, I know my volunteers will require a whole bunch new training and might not feel initially comfortable with a mac.

I am sure we will make the change soon, but as of now, I am setting up both Media Shout and ProPresenter so I can get used to the latter.  Nothing like some extra work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home