I Bet Somebody Cares

All sorts of small tidbits about Student Ministry, Life, and Pizza Hut.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Boot Camp

Well, I just did a whirlwind tour of Jackson, MI to speak for a friend's church retreat, "Boot Camp." There were about 20 something middleschoolers their and they were learning about the 5 purposes for their lives; Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, and Evangelism. I had the privilage of speaking on Worship and Evangelism.

Evangelism Talk: I basically laid out the three story method; My Story, God's Story, and Their Story. I also used my famous PIF3 model of Prayer, Invite, and Follow-Up. It is neat to see students get excited about sharing Christ with their friends.

Worship Talk: My premise here is what I have been working on for the start of the school year--Everyone Worships. Understanding that we all worship, but the question is, "What do we worship." We have to choose to worship God as we read about in Romans 12. Offer ourselves as living sacrifices, and to be transformed. Awesome stuff.

Check out more stuff that I like to do here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home