I Bet Somebody Cares

All sorts of small tidbits about Student Ministry, Life, and Pizza Hut.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New Year...New Series...Everything felt New.

We just kicked off a new season of the Flood, High School Ministry at Lakeside. Everything felt new. I mean, we have a whole slew of things that are new this year, from the CORE team, to the Jones Lounge, to the Deep End, but I didn't expect this to feel this different. I liked the atmosphere, and I think we are in for a good year with the Flood.

The serties we just started is called "Myspace:Godspace - where do they meet?" The concept is that Worship is when My Space meets God's space. We worship God when our normal everyday life (Romans 12:1-2) and everything that makes us unique connects with God's purpose for our lives.

I am excited for Next Week becasue we will be looking at things that get in the way of that connection. We will be looking at a great story from Exodus where the Israelites creat a golden Calf to worship while Moses is off chatting with God.

The in 2 weeks we will be holding a special Sanctuary (Thats from an old flyer, but same theme...) where we spedn the entire night experiencing worship of our God. It will be great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home